AWA has been serving South Jersey and leading the way for other shelters and rescue groups for over 65 years!
We believe in educating youth in a fun and friendly way so that they can learn the importance of the human and animal bond. We have developed a unique summer camp program that will introduce children to AWA by combining hands-on animal encounters and meeting those working in the field, learning what goes on behind the scenes at AWA.
Each week-long session emphasizes activity-based learning and the development of leadership skills helping our campers learn today how to be the responsible pet owners of tomorrow. Every week will be packed with new friends and fun.
Campers' creativity will be put to the test!
Campers will be asked to design adoption/awareness posters and participate in daily arts-and-crafts projects. Each week our campers will work on animal awareness or welfare projects such as creating habitats for feral cats or learning how to make enrichment items.
At AWA’s camp, animals are everywhere!
Campers will be taught how to properly meet and interact with AWA’s shelter animals! They will learn what to do if they see stray animals and they will get tips for training their own pets. Every day, campers will make enrichment items for the shelter animals and hand them out as afternoon treats in the kennels. Each week we will have a special guest speaker or two who may bring in their own animals to say hello to the campers. We never know when we may meet one of AWA's furry friends who are taking a stroll with our experienced animal handlers. (Campers will not be left unattended with any animals.)
Camp is a place for fun & excitement!
Every day campers will get their hands dirty as they wander around AWA’s walking trails during supervised activities like scavenger hunts and outdoor leadership games. Campers will learn an appreciation for the outdoors as we identify the local plants and critters living in our own back yards. Campers will be on the lookout for the turtles, turkeys, deer and other wildlife that live on AWA's property!
July 31-August 4
- Camp is offered M-F 9:00am-3:00pm, in four 1-week sessions, for campers ages 9-12.
- Each session is limited to a max of 12 campers.
- Only a paid registration will secure your camper’s spot. Please get your registration in early to ensure your desired session.
- Registration will open in spring of 2017.
- Camp is located in an outdoor tent on the back end of the AWA property next to the Pet Clinic.
- Cost per week is $225.00 (includes T-shirt, a daily art/craft project and a cold treat each afternoon.) Weekly topics/themes will repeat in each weekly session.
- All camp registration, health, and waiver forms MUST be completed and submitted before a camper can start camp.
- Campers are required to bring their own lunch. We cannot provide refrigeration although lunch will be kept inside an air conditioned space.
- Campers MUST be free from or treated for animal allergies before attending camp.
- Campers will be traveling through walking paths covered in mulch and gravel so they may get wet or dirty. They MUST be able to walk in these conditions freely and should always dress appropriately for these type of activities.
In order to secure your camper's participation, payment of $225.00 is due in full at the time of registration. Each weeks' session is limited to 12 campers so please get your registration in early to ensure you get the session you want. Any cancellations BEFORE June 1st, 2017 will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations after June 1st and at least 2 weeks prior to your camper's start date will receive a 25% refund and any cancellations made within 2 weeks before a camper's start date will not receive a refund. Failure to provide all completed forms and attaching a copy of your child’s immunization records may lead to a delay in your child’s start or removal from the camp program with no refund. Since our main goal is to have your campers have a positive camp experience and great summer we will try our best to reschedule your camper to another session if space is available.
If you have any questions about our camp program, please contact email@example.com or 856-424-2288 x122.