AWA has been serving South Jersey and leading the way for other shelters and rescue groups for over 69 years!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!! 2017 Sessions:
July 31-August 4
We believe in educating youth in a fun and friendly way so that they can learn the importance of the human-animal bond. We have a unique summer camp program that will introduce children to AWA by combining hands-on animal encounters and meeting those working in the field and learning what goes on behind the scenes.
Each week-long session is designed around activity based learning and meant to develop leadership skills and nurture creativity. Our campers of today will be tomorrow's pet owners. Every week will be packed with new friends and fun!
Campers' creativity will be put to the test!
Campers will participate in daily arts-and-crafts projects, and work on animal projects like creating habitats for feral cats and making bird houses and pet enrichment toys.
At AWA’s camp, animals are everywhere!
Learn how to properly meet dogs and cats
Know what to do if they encounter stray animals
Learn training tips for pets on our Training Trails
Meet special guest speakers who work with animals in various jobs
Camp is a place for fun & excitement!
Every day campers will get their hands dirty as they wander around AWA’s walking trails during supervised activities like scavenger hunts and outdoor leadership games. Campers will learn an appreciation for the outdoors as we identify the local plants and critters living in our own back yards. Campers will be on the lookout for the turtles, turkeys, deer and other wildlife that live on AWA's property!
- Camp is offered M-F 9:00am-3:00pm, in four 1-week sessions, for campers ages 9-12.
- To provide a comfortable camp experience, there is a max of 25 campers per session.
- Only a paid registration will secure your camper’s spot. Please get your registration in early to ensure your desired session.
- Register Here: July 17-21 | July 24-28 | July 31-August 4 | August 7-11
- Camp is located in an outdoor tent on the back end of the AWA property next to the Pet Clinic.
- Cost per week is $225.00 (plus online processing fees) (includes T-shirt, a daily art/craft project and a cold treat each afternoon.) Weekly topics/themes will repeat in each weekly session.
- All camp registration, health, and waiver forms MUST be completed and submitted before a camper can start camp.
- Campers are required to bring their own lunch. We cannot provide refrigeration although lunch will be kept inside an air conditioned space.
- Campers MUST be free from or treated for animal allergies before attending camp.
- Campers will be traveling through walking paths covered in mulch and gravel so they may get wet or dirty. They MUST be able to walk in these conditions freely and should always dress appropriately for these type of activities.
In order to secure your camper's participation, payment of $225.00 is due in full at the time of registration. You can register online, where additional processing fees will apply, or in person for a flat $225 (email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange). Each weeks' session is limited to 25 campers so please get your registration in early to ensure you get the session you want. Any cancellations BEFORE June 1st, 2017 will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations after June 1st and at least 2 weeks prior to your camper's start date will receive a 25% refund and any cancellations made within 2 weeks before a camper's start date will not receive a refund. Failure to provide all completed forms and attaching a copy of your child’s immunization records may lead to a delay in your child’s start or removal from the camp program with no refund. Since our main goal is to have your campers have a positive camp experience and great summer we will try our best to reschedule your camper to another session if space is available.
If you have any questions about our camp program, please contact email@example.com or 856-424-2288 x122.