AWA's Pet therapy program
what is pet therapy?
Our popular pet therapy program is based on the idea of using trained animals and handlers to achieve specific physical, social, cognitive, and emotional goals with patients.
Pet Therapy can contribute to the health and well-being of people. These benefits include:
- decreasing stress and reducing blood pressure
- alleviating anxiety, loneliness and depression
- providing a motivating factor for physical rehabilitation
what types of facilities do pet therapists visit?
We regularly visit:
- Nursing homes
- Assisted-living homes for the developmentally-disabled
- Senior assisted-living facilities
- Children's hospitals
If you are interested in learning more about our pet therapy program or would like to schedule a visit, please email our Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-424-2288, ext. 122. Please note: Not all AWA Pet Therapy animals are CGC-certified. Please inform us if you require this certification.