Employment Opportunities at AWA
Animal Welfare Association is a great place to work! AWA employees become part of a greater mission to make a difference in the lives of thousands of animals.
benefits for full time employees
- Healthcare Insurance
- Vacation and Holidays
- Discounts on Pet Vaccinations and Medications
- The Joy of Helping Homeless Animals Find Homes!
*AWA offers internships to students in the Hopeworks 'N Camden program. These interns help in the adoption center with customer and computer services.
*AWA is a host site for the Community Work Experience Program. CWEP participants both perform community service and learn valuable work skills to increase their employment opportunities.
Website and Communications Staff (part-time, temporary)
AWA is looking for part-time Website & Communications support for a temporary position during the months of May through late August.
The person in this position is responsible for communicating AWA’s brand and mission to our constituency through online mediums that include website, email communication, social media, and the production of marketing pieces in cooperation with other AWA staff.
Primary Function: To manage AWA’s website, online donations, e-communications, and marketing projects for Clinic and Adoption specials.
- Develop electronic communication and marketing pieces that accompany AWA’s development and promotional timeline
- Responsible for design and functionality of AWA’s website and a separate event website during the months of May and June
- Manage electronic online fundraising activities
- Manage and draft communications such as e-blasts, press releases and mission related stories.
- Troubleshoot and solve issues related to Blackbaud product’s functionality – Net Community, Sphere, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree in website design or communications **
- Website management experience and proficiency in HTML
- Preference for experience with Blackbaud products like Net Community and Sphere.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications.
- Knowledgeable of current social media applications- Facebook.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator
- Valid driving license and clean driving record
** Will consider student with relevant job experience.
To apply send resume and cover letter to Sarahh@awanj.org by March 1, 2016. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.